Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ultrasound update

So, the ultrasound tech either didn't know or didn't tell me that the placenta is low. The dr's nurse called me today and said that the placenta was a little low, but not blocking my cervix - thank goodness for that part. So, I will have another ultrasound in 4-6 weeks to make sure that it is not any lower and hopefully my uterus will have stretched further upward so we don't have to worry about any complications. In the meantime, I am supposed to be on "pelvic rest" which means no heavy lifting, no internal gyn exams (yay!!), and (TMI alert) no fun time with the hubby. So, it's a good thing we are moving this weekend as I have an iron-clad excuse to not lift any boxes. That's going to drive me nuts, so I might just leave the house and take Joseph to the zoo or something. If anyone else has dealt with this whole low placenta thing, send me an e-mail! I read 2 articles on-line that were enough to scare the heck out of anyone -too many uses of the phrases "heavy bleeding", "blood transfusions", and "c-section"!
~Shawn

No comments: