Social Icons

Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

The "Sold" sign is gone

Well, yesterday my parents got a phone call from their realtor. The buyer's finances fell through and they were no longer approved for buying the house. WHAT!? It was nice to find out 5 days before closing. It seems pretty irresponsible of the loan company to not have all of that set in stone before they even pre-qualify someone. Everyone involved is pretty ticked off - the buyers for this house, my parents, and the elderly woman whose house my parents were going to buy. So, the house is back on the market for a month and if it doesn't sell, I am pretty sure my parents will give up on ever selling a house for the rest of their lives! Last summer, the house was on the market for 6 months and only 4 people looked at it and this time, this happens just before closing. Hopefully, a financial stable family will buy the house in the next month and my parents will still be able to get into the beautiful home they want. We'll see!
~Shawn

1 comment:

Steve, ToVah, Avery, and Z said...

Hey Shawn.
I have been reading all of your updates. I just usually don't have time to comment with two little kids pulling on me. That is so cool that you are having another boy. I love little boys, though they sure wear you out.
That is not cool that the buyer for the house fell through. Real estate is so annoying. There are so many loops to jump through.
Hey Steve and I are thinking about moving back out to Missouri. We don't want to raise our kids in sheltered Happy Valley.
Anyways, How did your second ultrasound go? I hope everything is ok. Let me know.