Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Presidents

So, I am pretty sure everyone is tired of hearing about the presidential nomination races, but I just wanted to make a few comments. I am taking more time this year to research each candidate by visiting their websites and I want to encourage anyone else who hasn't voted yet to do the same. While I don't appreciate the "Bush-bashing" that many candidates participate in, it is interesting to see what kind of ideas each candidate has for fixing a lot of the problems we face. What was even more interesting to me is that all the candidates have similar goals, but just different ideas on how to accomplish those goals. It's too bad they can't recognize that and try to work together. They all have good ideas and should really be able to set their differences aside. If they can stop focusing on being right 100% of the time and listen with an open-mind and see the best solutions, maybe our state representatives and senators can get something accomplished. Okay, I am getting off my soapbox now.

Joseph has been more and more vocal lately. His favorite thing to do lately is sing the theme song to "Blue's Clues". It is super cute and I will have to get some video of it and post it. I hope everyone has a good weekend!
~Shawn

1 comment:

Steve, ToVah, Avery, and Z said...

OK Shawn, I am waiting for an update :-) 10 days is a long time!! lol. I am just kidding. How are you guys doing? How is the pregnancy going? Less than 200 days to go. YAY.