Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Blessings

I figured that I had to share this experience. It's not a secret to most of our friends that we aren't exactly swimming in money. We usually have enough to pay our bills and sometimes a little extra for gas and diapers. Well, this month, we fell short, by quite a bit. Even with the money I am actually starting to make with Scentsy, we were about $25 short just for bills. So, I faithfully paid tithing and begrudgingly asked my parents for help. (I feel guilty because they help so much already). Then, it started. The first thing was a letter that came in the mail. We qualified for Energy Assistance and will not have to pay our gas bill for pretty much the rest of the year. Wow. The next thing, I have no explanation for. I was on-line last week to update the amounts of our bills and enter them in our budget spreadsheet. A few days later I went back on-line to pay one of the bills, but to my surprise, my account said $0.00 due. I triple checked it and still, $0.00 due. Awesome. THEN, we received a phone call from our apartment manager this morning. A new tenant reported to her that we referred them to the apartment complex. They moved in this morning, so we received a $50 credit for our rent next month. I have never met this family, but I will be bringing them a plate of cookies tomorrow!

2 comments:

janabigelow said...

Don't you love it when that happens!

Rebecca said...

Awesome blessings!!!