Social Icons

Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

School and Fire! (almost)

So, I started school 2 weeks ago. Everything got figured out as far as babysitting (Thanks, Jana! and my in-laws!) and a car (Thanks Mom!) and books (Thanks Stafford Loan!). I only have class on Monday, so I had MLK day off - which meant a 2 week break. Weird. So I still don't really feel like I'm "in" school. That will probably change today. Things are going great so far. I had to laugh because my first assignment in my Human Relations class is to write an essay about my values. I immediately thought "Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge . . . ." It's great to be a YW leader. Since I am working on the Personal Progress program along with the YW, I am counting this essay as one of my projects. Which will mean I am almost done! The leader requirements are a little less than the girls - mostly because they have 6 years and I have to serve for at least 1 year.
On another note, I came home yesterday from church (Jacob wasn't feeling well and stayed home with the boys), to a horrible smell. Jacob came out of our bedroom with our space heater and tossed it into the snowpile outside our door. Apparently, it tipped over and the oil on the inside started overheating and spraying out the bottom. It melted our carpet and turned the space heater dark brown. Jacob said he heard a high pitched noise coming from the bedroom. The space heater is now in the dumpster. I am debating whether or not to report it to Target (where we bought it).

2 comments:

janabigelow said...

Your welcome! And that scares me! We have two space heaters! What kind were they?

Harwood said...

The oil-filled space heater was from Target (it's the kind that looks a bit like a radiator). A few days ago, our smaller space heater shorted out, too. Now our bedrooms are very cold.