Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What were you doing?

This day in history may prove to be very significant. So, I thought maybe in 10 years, I would try to remember what I was doing while Barack Obama took the oath of the office of President of the United States. As I enjoyed our new President's speech, I was nursing Shae to sleep. After that, I helped Joseph eat his breakfast of pancakes. During what will probably become one of our nation's defining moments, I was doing what I do every day. I do appreciate that President Obama talked about how our nation's greatness is a result of those "obscure" people. People who work day after day. He specifically mentioned those who take the time to "nurture a child." At that moment, I thought, maybe, just maybe, this President is still aware of the life of the average American. I hope that proves to be true. Jacob was transporting children to and from school like he does every day, listening to some of the inauguration on the radio. So. . . what were you doing?

2 comments:

Suzzanne said...

Studying for an exam and watching the coverage on BBC. :D It was 6pm. here.

Luella said...

Same as you... doing what I do every day... taking care of my kids. I didn't even listen to it. I am hopeful as well that maybe things will be okay with him as president. We'll see... =)